Today’s recipe is so easy and so delicious, I couldn’t wait to share it with you guys. Whether you need a quick idea for an appetizer, a snack, or you have unexpected guests and want to impress them, this Strawberry & Goat Cheese Bruschetta will do the trick.
Strawberry & Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Ciabatta bread or a baguette (I used fresh garlic ciabatta bread)
About 7 strawberries, cut into small pieces
5 oz. softened goat cheese
1 oz. of fresh goat cheese
2 tbs of honey
2/3 cups of good quality balsamic vinegar
2 tbs of olive oil
handful of organic baby arugula
1. Slice the bread into medium-thin slices- you don’t want them to be too thick or too thin-place on a cookie sheet lined with foil and sprinkle the olive oil on top. Broil on a high setting until the bread turns brown and crispy. Alternatively, you can also simply toast the bread, or bake it for few minutes.
2. In the meantime, heat up the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan on medium heat, until it’s reduced by ½ (about 7-10 minutes). Set aside.
3. Mix the softened goat cheese with 2 tbs of honey until well combined.
4. Once the bread is ready, take it out of the oven; spread the goat cheese and honey mixture on the bread and sprinkle with some sea salt.
5. Place a few pieces of baby arugula on each bread slice, follow with a few pieces of strawberries, few crumbles of fresh goat cheese and finish off with some balsamic vinegar.
It’s that easy! This Strawberry & Goat Cheese Bruschetta creates a perfect mix of sweet and savory flavors. As I said, you can serve it as a side dish with a nice salad, an appetizer or a quick snack.