Almond meal banana bread
Yesterday I made banana bread for the very first time. I had a rough and very emotional day (don’t ever let idiots put you in a bad mood) and nothing relaxes me more than cooking. I’m not much of a baker, but I had lots of ripe bananas laying in the fridge so I decided to try out a banana bread recipe that I got a while a go from a friend. I decided to modify it a bit to make it healthier. Instead of flour I used almond meal and I also substituted butter with coconut oil. The bread turned out absolutely delicious and was so very easy to make!
What I used:
4 bananas (I used very ripe bananas)
4 organic eggs (they don’t really have to be organic, but I only use eggs from cage-free chickens)
1 ½ cup of almond meal
½ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of nutmeg
Handful of walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Use an immersion blender or a fork to smash the bananas in a large bowl.
3. Add all the ingredients to the bananas and mix well until the batter is smooth.
4. Grease the loaf pan lightly (I used coconut oil for that) and pour in the batter.
5. Bake for about one hour or until the bread is ready. One way to check if it’s ready is to insert a fork or a small knife into the bread. If it comes out clean, then it means that it’s ready.
6. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool off, then slice and enjoy the delicious goodness.