Time for a first nail tutorial ;)
Pick three different nail polish colors. I chose Essie’s liliacism (the base color), Essie’s turks and caicos as a second color and Essie’s madison overhue as the last color.
1. Start with a clear base coat.
2. Apply base color of your choice, I applied two coats of Essie’s liliacism.
3. With a second color, apply few strokes, depending on the length of your nail. I did three, one longer and two shorter ones, so that it gives an effect of a descending order.
4. Repeat on each nail.
5. Apply third color, in a similar fashion, using shorter strokes, letting the previous color peek through.
6. Apply clear top coat and allow to dry.
7. Show off your nails :) This technique works for any color, mix and match all you want :)
You can also use only two different colors, like I did here, it looks pretty cool, sort of like the nail polish chipped midway: