I love zucchini. In any way, shape and form. Usually I just bake them with some sea salt and sweet potatoes on the side, but it was time to mix things up a little.
Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini
2 medium zucchini cut in half, lengthwise
2 TBS of olive oil
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1TSP very finely chopped garlic
1 can organic black beans
2/3 cup frozen corn kennels
1/3 cup three blend cheese
sea salt and pepper to taste
3 thick slices of goat cheese
few cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 400F (205C). Using a small spoon scoop out the “meaty” part of the zucchini.
2. Heat up the olive oil on a large skillet, add onion and garlic and cook on medium heat until garlic becomes fragrant.
2. Once the onion is soft and garlic becomes fragrant add the beans and corn to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes. Add some sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and Tabasco, to taste.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and add three blend cheese while mixing the beans together.
5. Fill in zucchini halves with prepared bean and corn mix and top off with few slices of cherry tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is soft. If you like yours a bit crunchy, take them out a bit earlier.
These were absolutely delicious, you can have them as a side dish, or alone for lunch or dinner. I didn’t have any fresh cilantro handy, but you can also top the zucchini off with that and some fresh lime dressing (just mix some freshly squeezed lime juice with some honey, olive oil, salt and pepper).
Happy Sunday girls!