I always think that for some reason a lot of us usually focus on things that stress us out or make us anxious, a lot more than we focus on things that make us happy. This is why I was so excited when I saw that my gorgeous and dear friend Sophie, tagged me to do the 50 Things That Make Me Happy tag. Make sure to check out her lovely blog! Here are 50 things that make me happy:
1. My family (especially my younger sister and brother who I love to death).
2. My husband, who’s my best friend, has a heart of gold and is one of the most hardworking people I’ve ever met. Honestly, just looking at him makes me happy. Sometimes I just sit on my bed and watch him sleep, thinking “how did I get so lucky?” He says it’s like super creepy, I think it’s cute.
3. My dog, who always seems to be happy to see me, and always lets me torture him with hour-long cuddling sessions whenever I have a bad day or feel anxious.
4. Road trips.
5. The smell of fresh laundry.
6. Cooking. One of my favorite things to do when I’m really stressed out is to get out some of my cook books and prepare a fancy 4-course meal while sipping on some Pinot Noir.
7. Online shopping. I can’t stand going to the mall.
8. Keeping a healthy diet and exercise routine.
9. Harry Potter. If you didn’t already know it, I’m a bit of a fanatic I collect anything and everything that has anything to do with Harry Potter. I try to read all the books at least twice a year.
10. Scented candles.
11. Cuddles on a rainy day.
12. Spending time with my sister, embarrassing her in public places and acting silly with her. She’s one of the very few people who gets to see that super embarrassing, annoyingly geeky side of me.
13. Seeing my beautiful godson.
14. Nail polish.
15. New makeup.
16. Watching funny movies.
17. I’m also a fan of a good action flick and an occasional tear-jerker (not a fan of rom-coms though).
18. Reading a really, really good book, the kind that you find hard to put away once you start reading it.
19. Blogging (yassss girl!)
21. Photography. <3
23. Birds. I’m seriously obsessed with birds and bird-watching; I can spend hours sitting outside, listening to them sing.
24. Animals. Anything from fish, dogs, chipmunks, owls, pigs, elephants, dolphins- I just love all animals and one my biggest dreams is to have a huge farm one day (with lots of goats, chickens and cows).
25. Junior-my laptop. I honestly couldn’t live without him. Fun fact, I’m known for naming stuff. My old laptop’s name was Ferdynant, and so I named my MacbookAir Ferdynant Junior, “Junior” for short (which is also a homage to my obsession with the original cast of MobWives, especially Renne Graziano).
27. Long summer nights.
28. Visiting my home country of Poland- not many things make me as happy as going back there once in a while.
29. My grandparents.
30. Spending time outdoors in the nature.
31. Spending time alone.
32. Smell of freshly cut grass.
33. Warm Summer rain.
35. Autumn- I think it’s one of my favorite seasons.
36. Green tea with honey.
39. Giving- it’s probably one of the best feelings in the world, being able to give something to someone in need.
41. Grabbing lunch with my bestie.
42. Talking to Sophie, my soul-sis (who tagged me to do this tag! ;) ).
43. Lazy days with veggie pizza, a good movie and cuddles with my boys (my dog and my hubs).
44. YOU, reading this ;)
45. Sea salt caramel ice cream.
46. A cool, summer breeze.
47. Sitting in front of the ocean, with sand on my feet.
48. Nice, genuine people.
49. A long bath.
50. This blog. <3
Hope that this helped you guys to get to know me a little better :) I tag every single one of you, reading this! If you decide to do this tag, don’t forget to leave a link down below so I can check it out!